Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes: Recreating my Purchased folder after an erase and install

Every few months or so I wipe my HD clean and reinstall WinXP to keep everything fresh.
Doing this blows out my purchased folder on iTunes.
Is there any soft of designation within iTunes that would alert me to purchased music after my library has been rebuilt ?

Classic, Windows XP

Posted on Jul 4, 2008 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2008 10:34 AM

Your purchased playlist in iTunes can be rebuilt using a Smart playlist.

Click File > New Smart Playlist
Match the following Rule:
Kind contains Protected
Kind contains Purchased
Select 'live updating' and leave the other 2 unchecked

Click OK

This creates a dark purple smart playlist in the playlist section of your source pane (left-hand column). If you wish to have these appear with the green purchased icon under store, make a purchase from iTunes after rebuilding your library, and then drag the purple smart playlist to the newly created green playlist.

Hope this is helpful
CG
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2008 10:34 AM in response to trinicki

Your purchased playlist in iTunes can be rebuilt using a Smart playlist.

Click File > New Smart Playlist
Match the following Rule:
Kind contains Protected
Kind contains Purchased
Select 'live updating' and leave the other 2 unchecked

Click OK

This creates a dark purple smart playlist in the playlist section of your source pane (left-hand column). If you wish to have these appear with the green purchased icon under store, make a purchase from iTunes after rebuilding your library, and then drag the purple smart playlist to the newly created green playlist.

Hope this is helpful
CG

iTunes: Recreating my Purchased folder after an erase and install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.