Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text looks BAD on NTSC, but fine on Mac???

I get the feeling my problem lies with the compression I am choosing, but I take any hep I can get!

When I generate the video from inside FCP 6.0.4, it looks fine there. Tried using "Current Settings" which the Sequence Settings are set for Compressor: DV/DVCPRO - NTSC

Tried also in the Export > QuickTime Movie... Setting: Apple ProRes 422 NTSC 48 kHz

Both look good on iMac screen, but when I burn a DVD (from iDVD), the titles and text look horrible, and very pixelated.

So, a little help from anyone?

Which Compressor should the Sequence be set to by default, if I am always going to make a DVD? Thanks!

Bill

MacBook Pro, iMac 20", Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Jul 5, 2008 12:06 PM

2 replies

Jul 5, 2008 7:59 PM in response to Bill Lindsay

The sequence settings should be native to the format of the bulk of the media in your sequence. DV clips, DV sequence. That simple.

All video on SD DVD is mpeg-2. If you export a quicktime movie in another format, DVDSP will convert that to mpeg2 when you import it or burn a disc.

Probably your best bet is to select your sequence in FCP and choose Export Using Compressor from the shortcut menu. In Compressor, choose the DVD mpeg2 preset appropriate to your total running time.

Hope this helps -

Max Average User uploaded file

Text looks BAD on NTSC, but fine on Mac???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.