Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP crashes when asleep!

My MBP (2.16 Core 2 Duo) which has worked extremely well for the past 18 months, but it has recently started crashing frequently when I try to wake it up after it has been asleep (I just get the spinning beachball). I don't know whether it has anything to do with my having just replaced the hard drive (I did a fresh install of OS 10.5.4 and reinstalled former files using Time Machine).

For what it's worth, I have copied the following from Console after its last crash and would be extremely grateful for some expert help! Thank you all!

+com.apple.efax[3556] /usr/bin/fax: line 537: cd: /var/spool/fax: No such file or directory+
+com.apple.launchctl.System[2] fsck_hfs: Volume is journaled. No checking performed.+
+com.apple.launchctl.System[2] fsck_hfs: Use the -f option to force checking.+
+com.apple.launchctl.System[2] launchctl: Please convert the following to launchd: /etc/mach init.d/airportwps.plist+
+com.apple.launchctl.System[2] launchctl: Please convert the following to launchd: /etc/mach_init.d/dashboardadvisoryd.plist+
+com.apple.launchd[1] (org.cups.cups-lpd) Unknown key: SHAuthorizationRight+
+com.apple.launchd[1] (org.cups.cupsd) Unknown key: SHAuthorizationRight+
+com.apple.launchd[1] (org.ntp.ntpd) Unknown key: SHAuthorizationRight+
+com.apple.launchd[1] (org.postfix.master) Path monitoring failed on "/var/spool/postfix": No such file or directory+
+com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.AEServer) Unknown key: SHAuthorizationRight+
+com.apple.launchd[1] (org.postfix.master) Failed to count the number of files in "/var/spool/postfix/maildrop": No such file or directory+
+com.apple.launchd[1] (org.postfix.master) Failed to count the number of files in "/var/spool/postfix/maildrop": No such file or directory+
+com.apple.efax[42] /usr/bin/fax: line 537: cd: /var/spool/fax: No such file or directory+
+com.apple.kdcmond[37] Couldn't open log file /var/log/krb5kdc/kdc.log: No such file or directory+

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.4), Just replaced HDD from Fujitsu 120GB/5400 to Seagate 200GB/7200

Posted on Jul 6, 2008 7:37 AM

3 replies

MBP crashes when asleep!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.