Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best FM Transmitter for iPod Classic

we just bought and 80GB iPod classic- and we're planning some road trips. please respond with best FM transmitters you have found.
thank you.

Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on Jul 7, 2008 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2008 12:47 AM

I have few FM transmitters ... my recommendation is

1. Most of the products are good enough, but of course, you have to pick the one with stronger transmit ratio

2. Have the one which can adjust the station Frequency - finding a clear empty frequency on your radio - is the critical issue.
4 replies

Jul 11, 2008 9:39 AM in response to sarita37

I've had no luck with FM transmitters. I live in the boulder/denver area and cannot for the life of me find a frequency that doesn't produce static or interference.

I bought all sorts of transmitters and finally gave up and went with an FM Modulator.

A little more involved of an installation (if you're handy or have installed car stereos before it's very easy) but far superior performance.

FM modulator is my recommendation

Jul 13, 2008 2:15 PM in response to sarita37

DO Not, I Repeat DO Not buy any trasmitter made by Griffin or Belkin. Buy a Monster Cable FM Transmitter. It works great. I have had all the others and they do not work very well and I a Belkin one where the iPod sat in and into your car cigarette lighter abnd I fell apart. I have had the Monster brand transmitter for two years now and is still working well. I have used it all over North America and seems to do very well. Even in FM crowded cities such as LA.

Best FM Transmitter for iPod Classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.