Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Upgrade to 10.4

This is a new problem but continueing from my last post below. I posted it on the old post, but maybe I need to start a new one.

I purchased 10.4 upgrade & also Photoshop CS3.
My computer will not let me install the upgrade. I tried unhooking everything except my SCSI card, a zip drive is still attached. Will remove that next.

I really think the SCSI card might be the problem, but don't know how to remove this. It was installed when I ordered the computer from MAC warehouse in 2002(unsure of year).
I have tried installing from startup disk(DVD) & from the disk(DVD) on my desktop.
I keep getting a white screen with a grey apple...seems to freeze at that point.
Not sure what my next option is. ;(
help?
My system:
Mac OS X Version 10.3.9
Memory:512 MB
Processor:800MHz PowerPC G4

G4, Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on Jul 7, 2008 7:11 PM

4 replies

Jul 7, 2008 7:34 PM in response to Marie Marcy

Marie:
I purchased 10.4 upgrade

If by that you mean that the disk is an upgrade disk that was issued to a different computer, that may be the problem. You need the Full Retail Version of Tiger to be able to install. Computer specific disks are intended for the computers to which they are issued.

It may well be that the SCSI card is an issue, but the first thing is to get the correct install disk.

Good luck.

cornelius

Jul 8, 2008 8:43 AM in response to Marie Marcy

Marie:

That installer should work, as it is offered as a universal upgrade disk. However, it is a bit unfortunate that you paid so much for it, as you could possibly have bought the Full Retail Version from Apple Phone Sales (1-800-692-7753) for $129.

Supposing the install disk is OK the next question is whether it is actually the SCSI card. Unfortunately, I am not familiar enough with your computer, or with SCSI cards to be of much help. I suggest that you post in the hardware forum for your computer where there are folk who are more likely to have run into this issue before.

Good luck.

cornelius

Cannot Upgrade to 10.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.