Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a bug in 7.7?

Just upgraded to 7.7 and now itunes won't run at all. ( it all worked perfectly until I upgraded!) I don't get any error messages just the spinning beach ball. Force quit tells me its not responding and my whole system starts playing up. ( mouse runs slow then jumps around and force quit button needs several presses) Once i tunes has quit everything works fine again.

Any one know of any issues or fixes? I'm running 10.4.11 on an older G5 dual 1.8

G5,G4,G3,Performa and even a Mac aquarium!

Posted on Jul 10, 2008 4:22 AM

2 replies

Jul 10, 2008 9:36 AM in response to Clive P.

There most definitely does seem to be a bug. I had the exact same problem. Normally there shouldn't ever be a problem when starting iTunes with the iPhone or iPod connected. I ran into another problem as well, seems there's definitely a hiccup or two in there.

I did the same as you, though. Forced a quit and disconnected my iPhone. Restarted, got iTunes running, then plugged it in. After resolving the other problem (iTunes library location got changed), everything seems fine.

Trilo

Is there a bug in 7.7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.