Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Is there a bug in 7.7?

1275 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2008 9:36 AM by trilobyte RSS
Clive P. Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 10, 2008 4:22 AM
Just upgraded to 7.7 and now itunes won't run at all. ( it all worked perfectly until I upgraded!) I don't get any error messages just the spinning beach ball. Force quit tells me its not responding and my whole system starts playing up. ( mouse runs slow then jumps around and force quit button needs several presses) Once i tunes has quit everything works fine again.

Any one know of any issues or fixes? I'm running 10.4.11 on an older G5 dual 1.8
G5,G4,G3,Performa and even a Mac aquarium!
  • trilobyte Level 3 Level 3 (545 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 10, 2008 9:36 AM (in response to Clive P.)
    There most definitely does seem to be a bug. I had the exact same problem. Normally there shouldn't ever be a problem when starting iTunes with the iPhone or iPod connected. I ran into another problem as well, seems there's definitely a hiccup or two in there.

I did the same as you, though. Forced a quit and disconnected my iPhone. Restarted, got iTunes running, then plugged it in. After resolving the other problem (iTunes library location got changed), everything seems fine.

Trilo
    PowerBook 17 1.67GHz G4, Mac OS X (10.5.4), iPhone 2.0

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.