Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Won't Shuffle

I listen to my iPhone's iPod practically everywhere I go. Car/Work/Home/Exercising etc. And I always use shuffle.

For some reason today, it won't shuffle. I'll choose a playlist or genre and hit shuffle. It will pick a random song for the first one, but then it repeats that same song over and over.

I have tried a hard reset by holding the home and hold button till the apple came up, and it still does the same thing. Short of restoring it all through iTunes, does anyone have any ideas for a solution?

Thanks!

HP Pavilion, Windows XP, I love my iPhone!

Posted on Jul 10, 2008 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2008 6:05 AM

Play a song. Tap center (album art area).
Will bring up additional controls
On those controls are Repeat, Progress and Suffle.
Repeat must be on repeat 1 right now. Blue is on, white is off. Blue with number 1 is repeat one.
3 replies

Jul 10, 2008 2:31 PM in response to DaVBMan

OMG, it amazes me that you and a few others on here, know the answer to every question asked! I searched FOREVER to try to fix this!! I never even noticed that teeny tiny blue thing-a-ma-jiggy in the top left corner!

Sheesh, thanks for the quick fix! I can't figure out for the life of me how that happened! I ALWAYS use shuffle and this morning, it just wouldn't do it!

Thanks again!!!!

Val

Won't Shuffle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.