Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Library

I recently lost my main HD which had along with the OS all of my music files. Luckily I had backed up the library onto DVD. So I was able to restore most of my purchased music. However I have an iPod (Shuffle) that has about 5 albums of music that I purchased through the music store but was AFTER the back up I did to DVD. (With me so far?) So I have a situation where I had to rebuild the HD and OS and iTunes library. The ONLY backup of those last five albums is currently on my shuffle. When I plug it in it asks to relink it to the new library (which for all intensive purposes is the same library...just rebuilt). If I do that I think it will wipe the memory of what is on the shuffle and I will lose the only back up of those five albums I have. Is there a way to bypass this library check so I can re-authorize the music on my shuffle so I can move it back into my library?

Any help is sincerely appreciated!

Thanks!

Posted on Nov 11, 2005 2:10 AM

1 reply

Lost Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.