Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get D-Link DWL-G122 to work with eMac?

I just bought a D-Link DWL-G122 to use with my eMac computer. I installed the driver, rebooted & plugged it in, and then scanned for connections. It found my Linksys router, connected to a Windows computer via ethernet, and I clicked "Connect." (I am doing all of this in the D-Link's Preferences window). It then asked me what kind of encryption I am using, so I selected "WEP," and it asked me to select and type in one of 6 different WEP keys (at least I think that's what it meant - it asked for one of Key#1 through to Key#6 in the WEP Settings box.

There are two options in the drop-down menu to the left of the WEP key field - you can select either ASCII or Hexadecimal. I tried entering my WEP key in both, and it either went back to the preferences page with no change to connection, or it told me I entered the wrong key and that I had to enter a key either 5 or 13 characters long.

At the moment I am using Windows because my new D-Link adapter is the only way I can connect to the Internet on my Mac. Any help would be much appreciated!

eMac, Mac OS X (10.4.10), 1ghz, 512mb, 60gb, SuperDrive

Posted on Jul 10, 2008 8:34 PM

5 replies

Jul 11, 2008 6:07 AM in response to ShedEntertainment

I'm fairly certain the one for OSX is this...

< Edited by Host, Note this is a direct download of:
RTUSB D2870-1.0.1.0b D71w-1.1.7.0cD2500-1.1.3.0 UI-1.4.8.0 2007_1126.dmg
Containing: USBWireless-10.3 and USBWireless-10.4&10.5
Clicking the link will start the download >

http://tinyurl.com/6chzwt

There's actually many floating around that work, ASUS, Afterthemac, etc.

If you need more, let me know! 🙂

How to get D-Link DWL-G122 to work with eMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.