Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Names Don't Show for Track, Artist, Album

Some times when I import, the names of the tracks, artist, and album are not transferred. And I'm only able to change "Track 1" etc. I can't add the rest manually. Any suggestions?

Posted on Sep 16, 2005 1:53 AM

5 replies

Sep 18, 2005 12:31 PM in response to Debbie Silbert

Interesting. While online, I just placed in the CD-ROM drive a major label CD with which I had this problem the other day and this time Itunes did recognize the names (I did not proceed with the import, however).

A second independent label CD was not recognized, however. But another major label CD was. So I think being online might help with major label CDs. Will continue to experiment and await further reports.

BTW, on another thread, I learned that one can use File/Get Info to change the artist and album names on multiple files simultaneously. But I still have to change the song name individually and manually

Sep 18, 2005 2:45 PM in response to Debbie Silbert

hi Debbie!

I WAS online when I burned the CD and when I imported. It really didn't matter on import because the CD only got the tracknumbers.

the CDDB query only works for shop-bought CD albums. this reference may help explain the situation with track information on CDs burnt with itunes:

Hudgie, "iTunes loses track info on burned Audio CDs.", 01:48pm May 4, 2005 CDT

love, b

Sep 19, 2005 6:59 AM in response to b noir

Well, this is rather counterproductive since Apple tells you to use CDs to backup your music and/or move it to another computer. Situation: Buy music through iTunes Music Store on one computer, then try to put it on your laptop so you can listen to it at work and you don't get anything but Track numbers.

Sounds like Apple needs to get their act together. This is a really frustrating reality.

Thanks, everyone, for your help.

Names Don't Show for Track, Artist, Album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.