Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

still square with dot

I have an iphone since a long time and now since the update i have next to my provider name a square with a dot in the middle. that square used to be solid

is this gprs and how can i shut that off i don't want to be billed for not using it

i am sorry but i asked this question a couple of times already i just cant figure it out

Imac, mac pro, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Jul 12, 2008 11:26 AM

8 replies

Jul 12, 2008 7:11 PM in response to Michel John

Not sure what the big deal is? If you dont have the data plan, then dont surf the net or check email, ect...I dont believe you can have the phone and not have the data plan, at least on ATT in the states. Why would you want the phone if you are not going to use all of its features anyway? My old phone would show GPRS symbol all the time too, I just never opened the browser.

Jul 12, 2008 7:31 PM in response to av8tor86

I am from the Netherlands its only since July 11 we have the iphone out here.

I have the phone officially unlocked from Germany last year. I use the iphone as a phone, sms, agenda and because it is the coolest phone. Online i go wifi

i don't want a 3g iphone because i don't need it.

Now after the update i want to be able to switch gprs off because i do not want to be billed for nothing

Jul 13, 2008 4:32 AM in response to Michel John

Also from The Netherlands, I own an officially unlocked French iPhone. For all of you wondering; Vodafone NL has, what they call here, a data block delivering unlimited data for €9,95 per month, just not at UMTS, but GPRS speed - which (I have been told) is slightly faster than Edge, but slower than G3. With these low monthly costs and a provider of my choice, all I am lacking is GPS Sat Nav.

My square has also changed from solid to dotted. I am sure though that it's the same function.

still square with dot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.