Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Sync Applications" grayed out in iTunes

I'm unable to synchronize applications between my computer and iTunes. "Sync Applications" is grayed out in iTunes, while all of the other options (contacts, music, etc.) can be checked and unchecked and synced as usual. Restarting the iPhone does nothing to solve the problem.

Black MacBook C2D, Mac OS X (10.5.4), 2 GB RAM, 2.16 GHz; iPhone 8GB

Posted on Jul 12, 2008 12:45 PM

9 replies

Jul 17, 2008 10:51 PM in response to Lonestar

I was having the same problem, the apps I downloaded were greyed out and I was getting a message that the computer wasn't authorized to download them. So lame. The answer is this: go to your iTunes Library and you'll see a new category called Applications. Click on that and you'll see your downloaded apps. Click one of those and you'll be asked to enter your Mac ID. Once you do that, presto, your computer is "authorized." Go back and synch. Why oh why didn't Apple make this expicit? I've got a new mobile me account, a new MacBook Pro, and a new Time Capsule. I've had problems with all of them this week.

Aug 26, 2008 9:43 AM in response to AugieM

I too have tried everything in this thread...

i've made sure my computer is authorized
i've made sure restrictions has been disabled (it was on previously)
i've clicked applications and an app (it didn't do anything, just highlighted the app)

i'm trying a similar route... maybe if iTunes doesn't know how to clear the information that the iTouch/iPhone has disabled the restrictions where it was once on there previously, i'm trying a reinstall of iTunes. i've done it before and it worked up until my first sync (which oddly enough threw my touch into recovery mode forcing a total restore... 😟 thankfully i had most of my info backed up through outlook and windows address book 🙂 so, no calendars or contacts went poof.

i'm going to try and see what happens if i leave restrictions off for a week with my regular routiene... if after that the issue crops up again after enabling restrictions, then it will certainly point to the fact that there is an issue with iTunes not being able to remember if you've got it disabled after once seeing it turned on.

i'll keep y'all posted.

"Sync Applications" grayed out in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.