Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

integration with windows work servers

I am thinking of buying a new Mac, for reasons you all know about I'm sure, however I will have to use it for work as well and my company runs windows servers with outlook for email and MS Office, will my new mac integrate with this or will I have probelems, I am an experienced computer user but not and expert, thank you for your responses.

Old mac and pc, Windows Vista

Posted on Jul 12, 2008 2:00 PM

2 replies

Jul 12, 2008 2:12 PM in response to gk71

Once you run boot camp assistant and install windows on your mac and run windows then your computer is like any other PC that you would buy from a store. You will face the ease/difficulty that you would had you taken a brand new Windows laptop to work.

In short, when windows is running on your mac then your mac runs like any other PC running windows.

Axel F.

Aug 2, 2008 3:18 AM in response to gk71

If you want to integrate Mac with running Windows environment you have to notice the following:
1-Exchange will work probable with MS Entourage, but Mail.app will not work until IT department open POP3 and SMTP protocols and enable them, also web based exchange work probable.
2-File sharing with Windows work perfect throw SMB protocol, except Long file name problem (appears when trying to copy long name files from Mac to Windows ).
3-Printing going very well.

Go ahead and do it, and if u face any problem just post it here.

integration with windows work servers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.