2123 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2008 8:38 AM by CASANEVADA
I have the same problem. I'm trying to sync three computers, two running 10.5.4 and one running 10.4.11. I was using one of he 10.5.4 computers as the master calendar and I published that calendar to the other machines and everything was fine simply using iCal. Of course I could only update the calendar from that one computer.
A few days ago I set up the sync with MobileMe. It seemed to work at first. I could adjust events from all the machines. Then I got sync messages of changes. The computer I had been using as the master calendar holder suddenly had every event duplicated. Then the other computers got sync messages to delete events. Now only one, duplicated event shows on any of the calendars and there's a sync message on the computer that originally had master calendar to delete events. I've cancelled that sync so far.
Before using MobileMe one computer had the published calendars and the other two computers had those calendars as subscriptions. Now all three computers have all the calendars showing in both the regular calendar category and the subscription category.
I'm wondering if the problem in this whole set up is the fact that in System Preferences the 10.4.11 computer shows .Mac and the 10.5.4 computers show MobileMe.
I think my problems have cleared up after a trip to the Apple Store in Santa Clara and a discussion with Jeremy. He had me unpublish the calendars that were still published and delete all of the subscribed calendars from each of the three computers. All three computers now show the same calendars, none are published or subscribed. I've re-entered calendar events and all events are editable from all computers and from MobileMe. I think it's working like it is supposed to work.
Changes can be entered on one computer's iCal and the other computers will be updated by manually syncing several minutes before the MobileMe calendar gets updated. Just curious since the changes would have had to go through MobileMe to get to each computer.
I've been having this sort of problem since about a week ago and it is a major pain. My home computer with ICAL now has a lot of events that are completely different than my .Me account. I thought this was a 10.4.11 issue, or perhaps an update recently messed things up.
After trying to sync (using .Mac), I'm getting an error on my home computer saying that .mac couldn't sync. Syncing between my Imac and my .me account was perfectly up to a about 1-2 weeks ago.