Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Activated Dialing

Does the 3G iPhone support voice activated dialing?

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Jul 12, 2008 6:47 PM

5 replies

Jul 13, 2008 1:09 PM in response to kjsimpson

Use the free App from the App Store called Speechcloud Voice Dialer. You say the name and it looks up the name from Contacts so you can choose to dial.

Not 100% hands free voice dialing since you still have to interact with the iphone.

At least you don't need to tap in numbers or scroll through Contacts.

And I did I mention it is free?

Aug 10, 2008 9:53 PM in response to Pankers

I tried this speechcloud voice dialer when I first got my phone a few days ago. I did not like it. Not sure why? Maybe I'll try it again. I guess I'm very disappointed that after enjoying voice dial with Verizon for no extra cost, I found out after coming to ATT that I didn't have it. NYS also has a law about cell phones and driving. I bought the bluetooth earphone b/c the one I had at Verizon wouldn't work with the iphone. And then I realized I had not voice dial capabilities. HOWEVER ATT doesn't have a problem with adding it for another 4.99/month!!! That is to me, after all the extra I am spending with this new phone, is more than disappointing.

Voice Activated Dialing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.