3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2008 11:58 AM by Jdginky
bkize Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
the little rainbow circle appears and itunes becomes unresponsive. i have to go to "force quit" or unplug my iphone, then everything is back to normal. i haven't encountered any problems until now. i can't update my phone. please help.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.2)
  • Andreas Keim Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    same for me here. my iphone is still on 1.1.4, I've upgraded itunes to 7.7. sync with aperture 2.0 works well, but itunes hangs. I got it to work just once sofar by quitting aperture and then starting itunes. strangely enough the phone show up in itunes but the contenst on the phone are not identified correctly, i.g. my music is orange and labeled as other. iPhone ist still working though.
  • Andreas Keim Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    ok, so this is what I did. I reinstalled itunes, prevented aperture from starting, but got the same scenario.
    then I just left the iphone sitting for minutes, and eventually it showed up in itunes. second time around just the same, it takes minutes for the phone to be recognized.
    1.1.4 is labeled as current software though. but after reading some of the posts here regarding iphone 2g wit firmware 2.0 i guess that's ok.
  • Jdginky Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    I have been having the same problem for a while now. I now only plug my iPhone into a USB port on my iMac and not a hub. There is still a delay before my iPhone lists in iTunes. I don't know why there is a delay but using only a USB port on my iMac has made a difference.