Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Developer name under App Store

I just got my acceptance to the Developer Program, but I have a question for everyone before I pay the $99...

When I applied, I did not give Apple my company name. When I sell my apps, I want the "Seller" field in the App Store to be my company, not me as an individual. Can you change the seller after you pay the $99?

Thanks!
-Bryan

Posted on Jul 13, 2008 9:39 AM

3 replies

Jul 13, 2008 11:06 AM in response to Bryan Duke

The first time you submit an application to the App Store, the system will ask you for the seller name that should appear in the App Store for that application and for all other applications that you may submit in the future.

In my case I replaced the default "Universalis Publishing Limited" (which Apple knew me as) with "Universalis Publishing" (which will make more sense to customers).

This only applies to the first application you submit: after that, the name isn't changeable, at least not through their automatic systems.

Developer name under App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.