Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps keep closing

Several of my apps, especially Safari keep quitting back to the home sceen unexpecidly.

3g iPhone with plenty of memory available.

iMac/MacBook Air/iPhone 3G, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Jul 13, 2008 10:06 PM

12 replies

Jul 13, 2008 10:44 PM in response to Pagemakers2

Same thing here. I have tried resetting it restarting it...you name it. I believe it's a software problem. Applications close by themselves out of the blue. My keyboard will sometimes disappear leaving a gray spot so I have to restart a text. Even my facebook application has problems. The small blue banner on top that displays the word "FACEBOOK" will sometimes disappear leaving a black spot. Another thing is sometimes the phone will not recognize my password after I try waking it....and no I am not inputting it wrong. Apple's gotta get it together...

Jul 13, 2008 10:55 PM in response to StealTh86

Same thing here. I posted in another thread that was about this same topic. My keyboard disappeared also, leaving a blank grey area. Then it came back. Several of my apps. have crashed it to the Apple logo. I actually de-installed one of my apps, 'cause it would crash it every single time. Strange, strange things going on....

Jul 13, 2008 11:20 PM in response to MalumRegnat

1st Gen iphone

I am having the same issue. Apps just keep crashing that I downloaded over the air. I also occasionally am getting a reboot all by it self?? No past issues with updates but this one is a pain in the ***.

I restored prior to upgrading to firmware 2.0

Had issues - am going to try another restore

Then add the apps via Itunes instead of wifi / edge see if that helps.

Jul 14, 2008 12:56 PM in response to Pagemakers2

I have the original iPhone 8GB with the latest software (2.0 (5A347)) and have had 5 apps on it for a day and now they don't work. On launch they try to open (the Super Monkey Balls entry screen displays) and then quit and go back to home page.

Have tried a full restore, multiple reboots, have freed up so there is over 1GB free of memory and they still don't work.

I have seen this before on a previous iPhone I had which used to quit apps all the time..... I gave up and took it back and Apple replaced it without any fuss.

Jul 14, 2008 1:48 PM in response to mbpjunkie

Unfortunately there isn't any other way, but the good news is that when you click the restore button it will ask you if you want to do a backup. If you choose yes AND this is the same iTunes that you originally synced your music and stuff from it will put everything back the way it was.

The newer 47 build made my screen a lot less yellow and looks more like my 1st gen iPhone. Some people are also reporting that it fixed their app crashing problem but without an official word from Apple there's no certainty that it will fix your problem.

If you've got 1/2 an hour to invest though a newer version of the software can't hurt.

William.

Apps keep closing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.