Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Application stuck at "Waiting for Upload"

When submitting my application yesterday, I tried to use the web based upload link and the checkbox would never appear for the application binary in the itunesconnect portal. No error message was displayed after the actual upload. The page displatyed 0.9 of 0.9 with an x next to it which just deleted the upload. If I tried to submit as is, the page told me I had to submit a binary, arrgh, which I tried repeatedly.

I then tried to use the "ApplicationLoader" tool. It said the upload was successful but the application is stuck at "Waiting for Upload" status. Anyone else in the same boat? I am using a wildcard appid as the setup suggests. I have checked a couple of other threads mentioning this and how people fixed this. I tried what was in those threads, I am using a wildcard app id.

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.4), 2.4 GHz

Posted on Jul 14, 2008 6:41 AM

12 replies

Jul 14, 2008 5:05 PM in response to whosyourtator

Another update. Now my app is "in review." I have no idea if recreating the project fixed the issue. I probably submitted my app 30 times since yesterday.

I have a feeling something was broken or backed up on Apple's side and it possibly was just now fixed. If you encounter this problem and are feeling impatient, you might try to recreate your project as I did and follow all of the instructions exactly for signing.

Jul 16, 2008 9:51 AM in response to whosyourtator

same EXACT thing is happening to me, event with the 0.9 of 0.9 with the x next to it, failed upload on the site and using the ApplicationLoader tool which was successful, but i've been at "waiting for upload" status for about 12 hours now...
i'm already using a generic app id. so i don't know what i could possibly change to improve this situation??
any info would help.
thanks
-ryan

Jul 16, 2008 11:38 AM in response to whosyourtator

Same problem here. Uploaded through the ApplicationLoader last night and its still showing "Waiting for upload" on itunesconnect. This is my second app and I didn't have this problem with the first one - the status was updated to "In review" within a few minutes.

One thing I noticed is that ApplicationLoader itself was acting strangely. On my first app upload, the progress bar chunked along nicely as it was uploading. On my second app upload, the progress bar stayed at zero while the time remaining count quickly counted up to around sixty minutes, then the progress bar went to full and said the app was uploaded.

Anyone else experiencing this or having successful uploads in the past 24 hours?

Jul 16, 2008 6:35 PM in response to darrensi

darrensi wrote:
Same problem here. Uploaded through the ApplicationLoader last night and its still showing "Waiting for upload" on itunesconnect. This is my second app and I didn't have this problem with the first one - the status was updated to "In review" within a few minutes.

One thing I noticed is that ApplicationLoader itself was acting strangely. On my first app upload, the progress bar chunked along nicely as it was uploading. On my second app upload, the progress bar stayed at zero while the time remaining count quickly counted up to around sixty minutes, then the progress bar went to full and said the app was uploaded.

Anyone else experiencing this or having successful uploads in the past 24 hours?

My app is in "Pending Contract" status since last night. Its moving along. I noticed the same thing at darrensi noticed. However, when the ApplicationLoader delayed, it occurred right before my app was accepted.

Jul 16, 2008 11:13 PM in response to darrensi

I am in the same situation as you are. I was uploading 2 updates via Application Loader. The first app is now stuck at "Waiting for Upload" while the second one changed to "In Review" very quickly, as it should have. Could it be that it's a bug that only affects the FIRST app you update (or upload) on iTunes?

Any more people in the same situation?

Jul 17, 2008 11:18 AM in response to appleRyan41

another update:
Another day and a half has passed, still stuck on "Waiting for Upload." I've tried going through the entire certificate / provision process (with a Wildcard App Id) multiple times now, following the developer guide verbatim. I even tried resubmitting my app under a new name and SKU after redoing the entire code signing process and the same outcome occurs (with 0.9 of 0.9 and the X next to it) with no error messages. I've tried to contact apple via multiple support email addresses, still no responses.

I'm really disappointed that $99 has gotten me nothing more than a broken upload mechanism, many wasted hours and absolutely no response from the support teams. if the problem is indeed with my package and not the upload mechanism then there needs to exist some sort of feedback telling me what's wrong! Please Apple, it's been over 2 days now, I just want to get my application into the store.

Jul 21, 2008 12:28 AM in response to bvdman89

I also have the same waiting for upload problem now. I even went so far as to install XCode and my certificates on a laptop where I had never done any development before, recreate my projects, and create new provisioning profiles all exactly following the instructions but my app is still stuck on waiting for upload.

The really weird thing is that I tried sending the zip of my other app that is currently for sale and was built using the old style application-specific appID and it accepted that with no problem. But of course when I tried to submit my new app built with an application-specific appID as well, it had the same upload problem.

There is nothing worse than spending a whole weekend finishing up an app just to find that the submission system is all screwed up and there might not even be a chance of it appearing in the store this week.

Application stuck at "Waiting for Upload"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.