Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain Error Error: -2147415734

I've been working with System Prefs > .mac to synchronize 2 of my macs for .ME. As with many users on 10.4.11 and lower, my contacts are not syncing to mobile me - during the course of syncing and cleaning, the last time I opened system prefs and clicked on .Mac I received the Keychain error code. I opened Keychain Access > Keychain > Keychain Firstaid. I verified the keychain and repaired the keychain. Rebooted, opened System Prefs > .Mac again and got the same error code. Opened Keychain Access again and found no problems.

Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

PowerBook G4; Mac Mini Intel; Mac Mini PPC; MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jul 14, 2008 9:45 AM

7 replies

Jul 15, 2008 6:39 PM in response to BDAqua

Hey, sorry for the delay in replying. Yes, not only did I use Keychain First Aid on both computers, I reset the Keychain on both computers and as of tonight, I went into System Pref > .Mac > Advanced and deleted my laptop as an authorized computer, thinking I would get the Mini working first. I have currently deleted all mail accounts, all calendars, all contacts (actually saved everything to a folder) and reset my Keychain then synced .Mac again. Still can't get it to work - guess I should have read all of the preparation information better before the change over. Right now, I want zero out everything and start fresh, any idea on how to do that?

Jul 16, 2008 12:32 PM in response to BDAqua

Hey,

I already reset Keychains on both machines and turned off .mac sync in system prefs. I also deleted all machines as well as the .mac search engine from advanced options. Then I tried to work only the laptop with MobileMe to no avail. MM is fetching mail for me but will not sync contacts or calendars.

I've been reading threads all night and most of the day and when I cancel out machines in System Prefs > .Mac I don't get the prompt to erase all of my info on .Mac which could be a problem.

Some good threads out there, but I may have to let the entire process set a day and see what updates apple is making on their end.

Keychain Error Error: -2147415734

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.