This discussion is archived
6597 Views 31 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2008 1:59 PM by Jordan Wan
Same thing is happening to me. I have a Yahoo account (rocketmail.com) and I've talked to Yahoo, Apple (numerous times) and can't seem to get this Push feature working. Yahoo accounts are supposed to be the only free accounts that support this feature. Not working for me.
Anyone had and luck? Suggestions for fixing it?Windows XP
They seem to both have no solution. There not exactly blaming it on each other but I've heard "that's what you get with a free email service" and I'm sure Yahoo's servers are busy.
They adjusted all the settings on my phone and the Mac genius couldnlt even figure it out.
I think it's up to us to get the message out there on this one.
They need to get their heads together and figure this one out.
Blackberry doesn't have this problemWindows XP
I just started having yahoo email issues today. HELP PLEASE????
Here is what's happening. I still have the old iPhone and upgraded to new software 3 weeks ago. Everything was working fine until today.
I have two yahoo accounts on my iPhone. One for work and one for biz. They both receive email fine. And my personal yahoo can send email.
But my work yahoo account suddenly stopped sending emails. Send bar just spools and spools and then i get an error message ---> CANNOT SEND MAIL. An error occurred while delivering the message. And then the message just sits in the oubox and never gets sent.
How is that possible if my other yahoo account on the same iphone works fine! Makes no sense. I am really getting ******....
I just got a reply back from Yahoo Biz mail. Here is a cut and paste of their reply. Before I do anything I want to hear what some of you have to say...
I understand that your Yahoo! Business Mail is unable to send emails
from your Apple iPhone. I'll be happy to assist you regarding this
I appreciate you making me aware of this issue. I'd really love to
assist you regarding this issue but unfortunately, I will need some more
information to investigate your problem. Please reply to this email with
answers to the question below:
- Your Yahoo! Business Mail domain name
- Your mobile carrier
- Are you using the 3G version of Apple iPhone?
Also, I would suggest to remove your Yahoo! Business Mail account on
your Apple iPhone and re-install it again. Here's how to set up your
Yahoo! Business Mail account:
You should be able to add your Yahoo! Small Business account through the
standard Apple iPhone mail setup.
However, you can also set up your business mail account manually.
To set up your Yahoo! Small Business Mail on the Apple iPhone, first
confirm the server settings for your account.
1. Sign into your Yahoo! Small Business account from a PC.
2. In the Yahoo! Mail interface:
- Click "Options" in the upper-right corner of the page, then choose
"Mail Options" from the pull-down menu.
- On the left side of the page, select the "POP & Forwarding" option,
then click the "Set up or edit POP & Forwarding" link
- On the "Pop Access and Forwarding" page, click "POP settings" in the
"Web & POP Access" section
3. Note the Server Setting information displayed:
- Incoming Mail Server (POP3): (e.g., "pop.bizmail.yahoo.com (port 995
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): (e.g., "smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com (Port 465
- Account Name/Login Name: (e.g., your full email address and the same
password you log into your small business account with.)
- Email address: Your Yahoo! Small Business Mail address (e.g.,
4. Enter the information into your Apple iPhone. From the Home screen
choose Settings > Mail > Accounts > Add Account.
5. Click Other, select a server type POP and enter Server Setting
- Your email address (e.g., your full email address and the same
password you log into your small business account with.)
- The email server type (POP)
- The Internet host name for your incoming mail server (e.g.,
"pop.bizmail.yahoo.com (port 995 with SSL)")
- The Internet host name for your outgoing mail server (e.g.,
"smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com (Port 465 with SSL)")
- Your user name and password for incoming and outgoing servers (e.g.,
your full email address and the same password you log into your small
business account with.)
- In the future, you can also access Small Business Mail information on
Yahoo! Help at:
- Before you make any changes, write down your current settings -- you
may need to revert to your original settings later if you decide to send
and receive messages from your other email addresses.
- If a Business Mail email address was created for you, you can also
find your POP settings in the email you received explaining how to
activate your address
- Business Mail and Custom Mailbox owners and administrators can also
find their POP settings in the Additional Options section of their Email
Please feel free to contact us back should you still have any other
questions or concerns and will be happy to assist in you in whatever way
Thank you again for writing to Yahoo! Mobile Tech Support.
Yahoo! Mobile Tech Team
Same problem here.. I have the 3G iphone and my wife has the older model which she upgraded to 2.0. Both can get mail fine, but get the same error when trying to send. Just started happening yesterday so something is going on elsewhere and not on the iphone itself. A few days before that, my iphone wasn't getting mail pushed to it unless I was in a Wi-Fi area. Seems they have since fixed that but not have this other issue. I personally think its a Yahoo issue more so than a apple issue.iphone, Other OS
Same for me. I've had my phone since iDay last year, upgraded to 2.0 with no problem, and suddenly as of yesterday I cannot send or receive Yahoo e-mail on my phone.
BonnieiMac, Mac OS X (10.5.1), iMac, iBook, 3rd gen iPod, Shuffle, 5th gen video iPod, iPhone!
I just turned my phone off, waited a couple of minutes and turned it back on.
My Yahoo mail is now working. Both send and receive (manual). Can it be that easy??? We'll see...
Message was edited by: Bonnie FormaniMac, Mac OS X (10.5.1), iMac, iBook, 3rd gen iPod, Shuffle, 5th gen video iPod, iPhone!