Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari rocks!!!!!!!!

'In 2006 and again in 2007, BT intercepted web browsing data from several tens of thousands of their [UK] users in trials of the Phorm/BT Webwise technology. Their aim is to profile you for Phorm's advertising network, enabling participating advertisers to target you more effectively. At no time did they ask any of these users for their consent. In some instances they changed the data sent by the users to the websites they were visiting. Many believe that BT broke the law with these trials.

BT were proposing a third trial to begin by the end of April 2008, but with public concern mounting, the published start date was moved to the end of May 2008. It has not begun yet. The need to change BT'implementation of Phorm from "opt-out" to "opt-in" may also be contributing to delays.' ( http://www.inphormationdesk.org/welcome.htm)

Virgin Media and Talk Talk are also involved with this company, although they have gone a bit quiet since people started to complain.

BUT... The Phorm/BT Webwise technology DOES NOT work with the Safari browser:

++
BT Webwise works with most major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Netscape and Opera. Safari is not supported by the BT Webwise system. BT Webwise has been tested and proven to work with the following:

Internet Explorer 5.5, 6.0, 7.0
Firefox 1.0, 1.5, 2.0
Opera 7.54, 8.54, 9.0
(from ( http://www.beta.bt.com/bta/forums/th...180&tstart=0)
++

It is the first time as a Mac user that I am glad to meet an incompatibility!!!!!!!

Matari

MacBook Pro/Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Jul 17, 2008 1:52 PM

2 replies

Jul 17, 2008 5:52 PM in response to Cyberpundit

I'm often inclined to agree. In spite of all Apple's sabre rattling about Safari being the best browser and it's compatibility with Windows based PC's, it does have it's faults, e.g. I recently subscribed to 'Mobileme' and ever since, my sliders don't function as they should, i.e. they are very slow and jerky, and don't move when I either click on the slider to move it, or click on the 'up/down' arrows.
Note: I don't have this problem in anything other than the Safari browser page.

Safari rocks!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.