Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cordless Phone Interference

I have a Time Capsule that works, but gets interference from a nearby 2.4 Ghz cordless phone. I know Apple recommends that cordless phones be 25 feet from the Time Capsule, but that seems like an unreasonable distance. Both the Time Capsule and phone are in my home office because that's where I use them. The Time Capsule is connected to a printer. So it's not convenient to have that or the phone in another room. I can't be the only one with this problem, so I'm wondering what others have done to solve it.

Is there a better phone to use?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Jul 17, 2008 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2008 6:13 PM

...so I'm wondering what others have done to solve it.

Get rid of the 2.4 GHz cordless phone. Instead use a 5.8 GHz or 1900 MHz phone.
10 replies

Aug 9, 2008 5:01 PM in response to dujmij

There is no reason to use a 2.4Ghz phone anymore. There are so many fantastic choices in 5.8 and there is some new model out now too on even a different frequency.

I did hear of people having issues living too close to a major airport too. The new DASR radar plays havoc with their spectrum.

Also watch out for microwave ovens, some 'halide' lights and even some garage door opener remotes.

You could keep the 2.4 phones and switch to 11n(draft) or 11a which doesn't use the same frequencies as the phones. 11b and 11g are 2.4Ghz. 11a and 11n(draft) are more robust (faster) and able to deal with interference better too.

Cordless Phone Interference

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.