Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a freedom to talk on this forum ?

I have a topic, http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1617981&tstart=0&start=30

in the hot discussion now and Apple moderators just remove most important posts and also banned me from posting any responses on the topic with reasons of,

*Apple removed your post on Apple Discussions, titled "Re: Improve iPhone 3G Battery Life And Overall Stability Significantly," because it contained the following:*

** Speculation or Rumors*
** Discussion of Apple Policies, Procedures or Decisions*
** Off-topic or non-technical posts*
** Non-constructive rants or complaints*

But all facts are important for the people to know ....

Dear moderators, what is going on ?

MacBook Pro 17", Mac OS X (10.5.4), BootCamp + WinXP SP3

Posted on Jul 20, 2008 6:48 AM

17 replies

Jul 20, 2008 8:22 AM in response to yatinbhatt

Your post does appear to have some helpful information. That may be why the moderators did not remove the whole thread altogether. I find it interesting that you are complaining about Apple removing posts when the content that they haven't removed is still in violation of the terms of service:

Everybody is facing crappy battery performance on their new iPhone 3G.
The big question is, Did Apple already know that the iPhone 3G are shipped with BETA firmware ?

Both of these items are prohibited, and, yet, they weren't removed. You are a new poster and they seem to be bending their own rules for you by only removing the worst offenses.

Just remember that this is a tech-support forum. It isn't a place for any sort of speculation, ranting, or rumor-mongering. Putting statements like those above in a posting really isn't helpful or appreciated. They are liable to start rant sessions, flame wars, or just get otherwise useful information deleted.

And, to answer your question, all products, software and hardware, are released with known bugs. Everyone does it. It is impossible to avoid bugs. If you find problems, you should report them using official Apple feedback channels or via bug reports, if you have an ADC account. Those reports are helpful and are appreciated because they help improve the product for everyone. Apple, like any company, tries to make 1) a profit, 2) make the best product they can, and 3) stay ahead of the competition.

Jul 20, 2008 9:31 AM in response to etresoft

Hi etresoft,

Both of these items are prohibited, and, yet, they weren't removed. You are a new poster and they seem to be bending their own rules for you by only removing the worst offenses.

I would agree and only add, that after reading the topic myself, that the moderators have "bent over backwards" in regards to allowing as much as they have of the OP's topic to remain.

It appears they (the moderators) are being very generous in the 3G forums due to the fact that it has so many first time Mac/PC users/posters here in Discussions.

To my mind, even more would have been removed if it had been any other forum here in Discussions. Personally, I think the OP should be very grateful that they have been allowed to post what they have and for as much to remain.

Apple Discussions Use Agreement

regards,

littleshoulders 🙂

Jul 26, 2008 7:52 AM in response to spintwin

spintwin wrote:
I still humbly ask that single posts should be edited if they are in contradiction with the terms and not the whole thread.

Sometimes they are. Usually, the whole thread is only deleted if the entire subject of discussion is against the terms of use OR if the thread has become too convoluted to prune the objectionable bits.

Jul 26, 2008 3:05 PM in response to ryanka

ryanka wrote:
There is plenty of freedom to talk. Simply stay within Apple guidelines for posts.

Kinda reminds you of the old joke:

American:
"We have freedom of speech in the USA; I can stand in front of the White House and yell 'Lyndon is a jerk' "

Russian:
"We have freedom of speech in the USSR; I can stand in Red Square and yell, 'Lyndon is a jerk' "

😉

Is there a freedom to talk on this forum ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.