Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Urgent help: repair nedeed Italian Iphone 2G, 16GB in Miami Beach,FL

Hi, I've got a problem with my 2G Iphone; the upper part of the screen doesn't work as I can't digit the 4,5,6 numbers, because it has fallen down....I've already tried to restore it by pushing the Sleep and Home button together for 10 secs.
I live in Italy, but my Iphone comes from US and the Italian Apple repair service won't repair it as I have to send it to the US repair service.
On August 2 I'll fly to Miami four 4 days, is a repair service in Miami Beach or should I just go to the Apple Store on Lincoln Road?
How many times does it takes to substitute the screen ('cause I'll stay in Miami for only 4 days)? I know that maybe my Iphone will not be covered by guarantee but I'll pay for the substitution. Are they going to substitute my screen or should I have to say goodbye to my Iphone and buy a new one???
Thank you in advance!!!!

Iphone 2G

Posted on Jul 22, 2008 2:37 AM

9 replies

Jul 22, 2008 5:30 AM in response to italiantaki

if your phone isnt hacked and you are using AT&T as your service(your international bill must be huge!), then you have to make an appointment with the genius bar at an apple store in miami...if you dropped it, then you would get charged around $200/us and they, if available there, will replace it with a new/refurbished one...if there isnt one available at that time, you may run into problems

Urgent help: repair nedeed Italian Iphone 2G, 16GB in Miami Beach,FL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.