Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MB Pro Intel - Errors Connecting to AT&T 3G + Sierra Wireless AirCard 875u

I recently upgraded my AT&T account with a Data Plan, and purchased a Sierra Wireless AirCard 875u USB.

I have not been able to connect using the provided SierraWatcher software. Sierra Wireless support is non-existent and refers additional questions to apple.com/support/

I have attempted to:
Start the software, insert the USB card, click connect, and no connection can be made via ppp

Insert the USB card, start the software, click connect, and no connection can be made via ppp

I tried not using the software and only using Network Preferences in System Preferences. No luck.

First of all, has anyone in a similar situation had any success?

I appreciate your time.

MBPro 2.4GHz - 4GB - WinXP SP2, Mac OS X (10.5.4), PB G4 12"

Posted on Jul 24, 2008 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2008 3:40 PM

The best advise I can give you is to stop down to an AT&T store and have them set up the card. There is probably a modem file that needs to be installed which you will need to select when you set up the card. However, in as much as you're paying for service you can't get have them do it or provide a different modem. I use a U720 from Sprint. I downloaded the latest software from their web site with instructions on how to set up the modem. AT&T should have the same.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2008 3:40 PM in response to Mr Conlin

The best advise I can give you is to stop down to an AT&T store and have them set up the card. There is probably a modem file that needs to be installed which you will need to select when you set up the card. However, in as much as you're paying for service you can't get have them do it or provide a different modem. I use a U720 from Sprint. I downloaded the latest software from their web site with instructions on how to set up the modem. AT&T should have the same.

MB Pro Intel - Errors Connecting to AT&T 3G + Sierra Wireless AirCard 875u

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.