Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anti-Glare Film Set, bad clarity?

Greetings all,

I recently picked up Power Support's Anti-glare film set for the 3G. I took my time and followed the instructions for installation. My complaint is that the screen is extremely grainy. It's almost like there should be a top layer of the film to peel back like the Belkin screen protectors. It's highly noticeable when using Safari, Email, and other primarily white applications.

I am wondering if this is normal for the screen protector, or did I not clean the screen good enough? I have the one film left and before I attempt it again I would like to see if anyone could provide some clarity on my clarity issue.

Thanks!

Dell, Windows Vista

Posted on Jul 27, 2008 12:34 PM

9 replies

Jul 27, 2008 3:56 PM in response to yabi

The Anti-Glare is meant to be that way, you might want to try the Crystal film instead of you don't like the anti-glare. They have 2 types of screen protectors for a reason, otherwise they would only manufacture one, but unfortunately, the screen protectors have to be one way or another.

Anti-Glare reduces smudges, fingerprints better than Crystal film, but results in that grainy look.

Jul 27, 2008 4:31 PM in response to SJChango99

I started to assume as much. When reading reviews online people raved that the anti-glare film had such great clarity. I guess I was mislead a little. Does anyone else have any experience with a protective film that is not only smooth to the touch and keeps finger prints off, but does not effect the clarity as well?

Jul 27, 2008 5:26 PM in response to yabi

Go the Apple store, or order online a "Crystal" film for the iPhone. They make 2 versions, a smooth and an anti-glare. Be sure to buy the correct one that you want.

I use the smooth, and it is virtually invisible, its smooth, no degradation of the image quality. It works perfectly

I would suggest buying a couple of them because applying them can be tricky due to dust, finger prints etc. Its not too hard to do, but you can sometimes get dust trapped underneath the film when installing it because it takes a bit of trial and error to line it up nicely.

Its the best "skin" for the iphone. Stay away from the invisible shield like products. They dont work well on the iphone and they peel off because the corners do not really adhere well. I had one on the back of my phone, and used a crystal clear smooth film on the front. Eventually the corders of the invisible shield peeled up, and dust got underneath and it looked like poop. So i took it off. BTW when you take those Invisible Shield like products off, they peel up the ink on the back of the phone used to print your serial number. Luckly it didnt take it completely off, but i've heard of it happening. So be adviced.

Anyways, in the end... i realized i didnt need the Invisible Shield skin. It just doesnt do much for the phone. The Invisible Shield worked great on my iPod, but it just doesnt work on the iphone cause its edges are too rounded.

Aug 7, 2008 2:54 AM in response to yabi

had to get my phone replaced due to cracks in the plastic... The last package in the store was the antiglare. I bought it thinking it was crystal... I don't like how it looks, but it does hide the greasy fingerprints well..

These films are by far the best. It does boggle my mind why only one install film is included with 2 screens...

They should be a bit cheaper too, but they are cool.

Anti-Glare Film Set, bad clarity?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.