Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Sync Photos to iPhone...

Hey everyone, I've got a weird issue that just popped up. I've had my iPhone since last year, but recently switched to an iMac as my main computer about 3 months ago. Since that time, I've never synced any photos to my phone, until today.

In iTunes, I went to the Photos tab for my phone, clicked on Sync photos from: iPhoto, then selected the specific album I wanted synced. It starts the process then I get this error message that pops up:

"The iPhone "Howard's Phone" cannont be synced. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation."

Everything else works and syncs fine with my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

24" Aluminum Intel iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Jul 27, 2008 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2008 1:50 PM

Find the folder called iPod Photo Cache and delete it, then in itunes go to edit, preferences, sync and clear the sync history. I also cleared selected albums and did a sync first, but you may not have to. Once you have done that, select your albums and do a sync.

Worked for me.
10 replies

Aug 11, 2008 4:55 PM in response to Mr_J

I am having a similar issue with Itunes 7.7.1.11 and Iphone 2.0.1 and Photoshop elements 5.0.

When I try to sync the iphone the photos tab does not show any photos from photoshop elements 5.0. Previous to upgrading the Iphone and Itunes software I had over 2000 photos being sync'ed.

Will the solution posted here clear up my problem?

Aug 24, 2008 9:37 PM in response to brucer33

So I was running across the same problem - whenever I was syncing it was saying I didn't have the privileges I needed to complete sync. This was the problem...

It turned out I had certain things checked off for sync, but I wasn't actually syncing anything. For example, I had it set to sync Movies - but I didn't select any movies to sync. When I got rid of that my iPhone synced fine.

Bottom Line: Don't check a category box for syncing if nothing is selected under it.

+P.S. I'm using iPhone 3G 2.0.1 - but it's probably the same for all. Hope this helped.+

Can't Sync Photos to iPhone...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.