Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 3G driver issue and Win XP won't display iPhone in iTunes 7.7

Went through the whole setup/installation several times (including several uninstalls) and still cannot get iTunes to work properly with the iPhone 3G. The device drivers are installed and working properly and have no errors that I can see in the device manager. The services are started (and restarted) per the iPhone support page here at Apple but still no show... =(

USB ports show an unknown device (even though iTunes says it can't work with the iPhone because the software isn't installed properly so somehow it IS seeing it). The phone can charge via my 2.0 port on the motherboard BUT cannot get iTunes to see it at all to perform the first synch.

Any ideas?

PC, Windows XP Pro, SP 3 and all related updates installed

Posted on Jul 28, 2008 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2008 1:45 PM

I found usbaapl.sys in windows/windows32/drivers folder and copied to windows/inf folder and my iphone conected to itunes (just updated to version 7.7.whatever). Seemed to work fine. Then I downloaded iphone 2.0 and as i was tryingt to get it installed, it stalled and windows said I needed an apple usb recovery (iboot) driver, which I can not find anywhere. Help!!!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2008 1:45 PM in response to William Lutes

I found usbaapl.sys in windows/windows32/drivers folder and copied to windows/inf folder and my iphone conected to itunes (just updated to version 7.7.whatever). Seemed to work fine. Then I downloaded iphone 2.0 and as i was tryingt to get it installed, it stalled and windows said I needed an apple usb recovery (iboot) driver, which I can not find anywhere. Help!!!

iPhone 3G driver issue and Win XP won't display iPhone in iTunes 7.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.