Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to batch print multiple PDFs in Mac OS X?

Does anyone know of any new software that allows one to batch print multiple PDF files with a print dialogue for the first file, followed by dialogue-less printing for the rest?

I work for an architect's firm and we often find ourselves printing dozens of A1 PDFs, going through the print dialogue window for each file.

We used to be able to batch print when Preview.app could open multiple PDFs in one window; it lost this capability in a regression when it gained bookmarks and we've been living in batch print stone age ever since.

(A desktop printer doesn't work by the way)

Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Jul 29, 2008 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2008 11:47 AM

Open one of the PDFs in Preview then drag the rest of the files into the sidebar. Print the resulting file. If you don't want to save it as a single PDF just select 'Don't Save' when you exit.

Another option is to open the printer window and drag all the files into it. They will print automatically with no dialog box.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2008 11:47 AM in response to Christiaan

Open one of the PDFs in Preview then drag the rest of the files into the sidebar. Print the resulting file. If you don't want to save it as a single PDF just select 'Don't Save' when you exit.

Another option is to open the printer window and drag all the files into it. They will print automatically with no dialog box.

Aug 11, 2008 3:13 AM in response to Lamont E

Lamont E wrote:

Wow! I've been asking this question repeatedly for a couple of years now and you're the first person to mention this. Thanks a lot. There will be some happy campers in our office, I tell ya.

I missed it because all the large PDFs we create include a table of contents and you have to switch to thumbnail view before you can drag and drop additional PDFs.

With the type of files we produce It takes 30 seconds or so to add 8 files together, so it's not ideal but it's a lot faster and more convenient than Acrobat Pro or printing each file separately.

This doesn't work because you can't choose the size of paper you want to print to.

Thanks again, your first post too. 🙂

How to batch print multiple PDFs in Mac OS X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.