Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Won't Load Yahoo

For the last three days my computer suddenly will not access Yahoo through Safari. It says "Server Not Responding". I can access the rest of the web as normal. I can also access Yahoo from other computers and my iphone with no problem.

I am using the latest version of Safari, MAC Version 10.4.11. I have not changed any operating settings recently. I have tried emptying my cache, resetting Safari, dumping all cookies but to no avail. I reported a bug to Apple. Any ideas anyone??

Macbook 2,1, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Jul 29, 2008 6:57 AM

13 replies

Jul 29, 2008 7:11 AM in response to Erin Holford

This is not a bug in Safari, so the bug report will be ignored by Apple. The problem is either with Yahoo! or even your DNS servers. So let's try changing those to see if it will resolve your issue.

Quit all Internet-related applications, if any are running. Open System Preferences > Network and click on the Configure button. In the field where it says DNS servers:, enter these:

click Apply Now, then quit System Preferences. Restart Safari and test it to see if you can load the Yahoo! page.

Mulder

Jul 29, 2008 7:58 AM in response to Erin Holford

My feeling is that this problem is at the Yahoo end.

Last week I changed ISP to Verizon fios. Then the my.yahoo.com page stopped working. If I cleared all the cookies I could get the plain page (without a login). Then when I tried to login it will hang in the process. I don't think changing DNS servers will do the trick.

If I use verizon.my.yahoo.com it works. But there are links to my.yahoo.com in some of the yahoo pages that will not work even after sign in via verizon.my.yahoo.com. Yahoo is not worth the bother, so I'm going slow in debugging what must be a yahoo problem.

I'm also find it curious that Verizon hasn't registered the IP address I've been given.

Jul 29, 2008 8:16 AM in response to Orlando Sotomayor

I have issues with Yahoo too - it will frequently hang or become slow. I had to stop using their email as auto-complete worked either intermittently or not at all. Names in my address book that used to auto complete on my windows machine (switched to Mac 4 months ago) would not autocomplete with Safari. Yahoo is not as Mac friendly as they claim, IMO.

Jul 31, 2008 4:19 PM in response to Erin Holford

I have had the same problem for over two weeks. I cannot load my "my yahoo" page. It gets the error:

Safari can’t open the page “ http://my.yahoo.com/”. The error was: “Operation could not be completed. (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 302.)” (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork:302)

I have tried everything. Firefox won't open it either. I even set up a new Yahoo account to no avail. I can access the page just fine on my PC at work. Do I have to wait for the next OS update to fix this?

Jul 31, 2008 4:37 PM in response to sageimac

This is not a Mac OS X problem; it's a Yahoo! problem. A 302 error means that a redirect is misconfigured (A redirects to B, which redirects to A); only Yahoo! can fix this, so you need to direct your complaints toward them via their Help pages, which will let you send them an email.

If it works on a PeeCee, then it's because Yahoo! is browser sniffing to look for Windoze browsers. Yahoo! has never made a real effort to support Macs or web standards. If you use the Develop menu in Safari to spoof IE 6 or 7, it may work; if not, then Yahoo! is also sniffing for the OS.

Mulder

Oct 27, 2008 11:33 AM in response to sageimac

I've been having the same problem. Here's what fixed it:

Safari > Preferences > Security > click "Show Cookies" > type "yahoo" in the search bar > click "Remove All" = then Quit Safari.

My very next Sign-in worked perfectly.

There may be a better way to do it by deleting less cookies (over 45 in my case), but I am pretty good at keeping track of my passwords so for me it was NBD.

Won't Load Yahoo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.