Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need Logic Pro 8.0.1 Update, and if so, how do I get it now?

-------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, 2008-07-29

Due to prolonged illness, I purchased the Logic Studio Upgrade version (I already had Logic Pro 7.2.3, with dongle) only last week. Logic Studio Upgrade version initially installs Logic Pro version 8.0.0. I then dutifully set out to download both the Logic Pro 8.0.1 Update and the Logic Pro 8.0.2 Update.
As of this week, all attempts and maneuvers to simply get the Logic Pro 8.0.1 Update have failed. I cannot even find it, let alone download it!
Yes, I've tried the relabeling juggling act to fool Software Update into eventually listing and providing both the Logic Pro 8.0.1 Update and the Logic Pro 8.0.2 Update—but no luck, not any longer. These moves may have worked up until relatively recently, but they do not work now, at least as of this week.
All searching of Apple's site(s) and Support pages results in nada—Apple itself no longer lists any such file/dmg/download/update anywhere! All previous links are either dead or just dump one back on to the Logic Pro 8.0.2 Update page.
(In my many searches, I noted what seemed to me to be a majority of opinion that the Logic Pro 8.0.1 Update was a dog, especially in Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.2 or 10.5.3. Many users reported crashes, panics, and.or freezes. Is this why Apple has pulled the update and rendered it extinct?)
I Googled, I Asked Why, I Cuiled—but no Logic Pro 8.0.1 Update, except as that which lurked in the murky warez waters. Still, frustrated as I was, I did even try all such I could find . . . but no third party-hosted update worked at all.
I am concerned because in all my previous experience with Apple and its applications, ample information is made readily available about the contents of any update and an explanation of its relationship to previous updates. By this latter I mean: Apple indicates that update "x" incorporates the previous updates "u" and "v"; therefore one can proceed safely to install update "x" even if one missed updates "u" and "v" or for whatever reason did not install them.
So . . . do I need Logic Pro 8.0.1 Update, if I am then going to further update with the Logic Pro 8.0.2 Update? Does Logic Pro 8.0.2 Update incorporate the changes made in Logic Pro 8.0.1 Update? Will I be missing (critically?) something(s) in Logic Pro 8.0.1 Update if I in fact do not ever get it or install it? And how would I know? Apple has not only removed the update and all traces of it, but Apple has also removed all information about Logic Pro 8.0.1 Update—it is now literally as if it never existed.
So what's a po' boy to do? Logic Pro 8.0.1 Update cannot now be found on VersionTracker or MacUpdate or anywhere else. To date, no user group or organization or educational institution or program or audio-related company posted it or archived it.
Where/how can I get a copy of the Logic Pro 8.0.1 Update?
If I can't, what do I do?
If I can't, what do I miss?

And where is Apple's support for Logic Studio/Logic Pro in all of this?

Earnestly hoping,

j.

G5 Dual 2.5, 8GB RAM, Apogee Duet, AKG C414, Sears Silvertone with amp&speaker-in-the-case, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jul 29, 2008 10:58 AM

4 replies

Jul 29, 2008 7:25 PM in response to ambient8

The old Emagic updates worked like that, you had to install all the previous ones to get to the current version. Their old site was hosting a long list of patches (went back years actually, almost all the way to beginning).

Apple goes 'the way of the Combo'. Very handy and can also remedy many things, specially when reinstalling.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.