Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mighty Mouse: can scroll and click, but cannot move (cursor does not move)

Ive been using my mightymouse for a couple months now, but couple days ago it stopped moving when i booted up my mac. I tried removing the device from the bluetooth panel and then connecting again, changing my batteries, changing the surface, but nothing works. the bluetooth still connects fine to my macbook pro, but the mouse cursor wont move when i use my mighty mouse! please help me...

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Jul 29, 2008 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2008 8:24 PM

Hello blue:

I had a similar problem on one of my iMacs myself. However, turning it off/on and/or removing the batteries and then replacing them fixed the problem.

It is possible that your mouse is faulty. You can test that at an Apple store on their equipment, or you could call Applecare with a warranty issue and request a new mouse.

Barry
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2008 8:24 PM in response to blueeddie

Hello blue:

I had a similar problem on one of my iMacs myself. However, turning it off/on and/or removing the batteries and then replacing them fixed the problem.

It is possible that your mouse is faulty. You can test that at an Apple store on their equipment, or you could call Applecare with a warranty issue and request a new mouse.

Barry

Mighty Mouse: can scroll and click, but cannot move (cursor does not move)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.