Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my contacts from my iPhone in my Address Book?

Basically, i synced up my iphone and macbook pro and the contacts were gone from my address book, but still on my iphone. I've synced my iphone many times after and its still the same situation. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, iPod Classic, iMac, iPhone, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Jul 29, 2008 11:01 PM

6 replies

Jul 30, 2008 3:54 PM in response to RyanWAdams

Also having the same problems! Happened today. Lost all my contacts and calendars on my iMac. Spent 1.5 hours on to Apple Help, the were very helpful but still failed to find the answer, had to give up as I had Genius appointment. I arrived late and but was slotted in. The friendly Genius spent a long time, but again failed and asked if I could return with computer. I must congratulate my Genius at the Trafford Centre for all her effort even though my problem was not resolved. Got a feeling that this may become a major problem for more people. The first thing to happen on my iphone was the loss of a few Calendar appointments. Still have, I believe, all other contacts and calendar entries on my iphone but with NO backup on my mac. Any suggestions welcome.

Sep 24, 2008 11:35 AM in response to RyanWAdams

I am having this same issue as well. Two days ago, I noticed all of the contacts in my address book were missing, and when I tried to sync my phone it deleted all of the contacts on my phone. Thankfully, my backup file restored my phone's contacts. This is a major issue because I don't have access to phone numbers or email addresses on my Mac.

Let me know how to fix this.

Sep 24, 2008 12:32 PM in response to RyanWAdams

Has no one found an answer?

While adding a new address through the MacMail program I deleted all of my contacts except the one I was adding. Stupid. I do not even know how that is possible.

So now My iPhone has addresses but my mac has none. I'm pretty sure a sync will delete everything. Is there a way to back up the data in the phone before I try? Or a way to force the address book sync in one direction--as I could with my old Palm device?

Peter

Sep 24, 2008 2:54 PM in response to RyanWAdams

One thing that might help out.

Create a new login account on the computer by going to system preferences > accounts.
Then open address book and create at least one contact.
Then open ical and create at least one event.
Now open itunes.
Connect the iphone.
When the iphone shows up in itunes, control click(right click) on the iphone in the left column of itunes and choose back up iphone.
Once the back up is complete, go into the info tab and set to sync contacts.
You should get an option to merge data.
Once contacts are complete, check address book.
Now you can do the same with calendars.

Now if something goes wrong, you can restore from the back up that you created in the first few steps.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.