Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows Blue screen when I connect iPhone to my PC.

I've narrowed down the cause of the Windows blue screen when I connect the iPhone to via USB. If there are photos in Camera Roll I get the blue screen. When there are no pictures -- no blue screen. I can reproduce this every time now. I can live with this for now but want to be able to report it so it can get fixed.

Does anyone else have this same problem or something I can do to resolve myself?

iPhone, Windows XP, ..

Posted on Jul 30, 2008 12:46 PM

11 replies

Aug 1, 2008 3:27 PM in response to spikernum1

okay so i tried a ton of different things to resolve this issue, turns out it was the Logitech QuickCam drivers that I still had installed - they were outdated and caused my CPU to crash when Windows XP tried to use those drivers to read the images on the iPhone.

Renaming the driver caused many more problems than I could have expected (loss of sound, all game devices stopped working like my controller) but renaming it DID solve the iPhone crashing problem as well...

Anyways, even though I dont use that webcam (or any webcam for that matter) anymore, I went to Logitech's website and downloaded their quickcam fusion driver. rebooted and viola... works perfectly now.

Aug 28, 2008 1:07 AM in response to spikernum1

i had the exact same problem.
i had to install the updated webcam drivers from Dell
since the camera was integrated in the Portable PC and the
logitech update from logitech did not recognize the model.

the problem is now fixed using the updated driver.
I can plug in with no blue screen even if I have photos in the iphone.

my recommendation is to buy a $10 webcam just to force the driver to
change, that will probably fix the problem.

currently, if you install the logitech upate, they will not change
drivers since they do not detect a camera.

Oct 26, 2008 9:55 AM in response to kerry.m

Hello to everyone who is posting here and still encountering a blue screen.

Posted below are a couple articles that speak about this. Some which may or may not apply to your current blue screen.

iTunes 8: If Windows Vista displays a blue screen error message when connecting iPhone or iPod

Symptoms
After installing iTunes 8 for Windows, some users may see a blue screen error message when connecting iPhone or iPod to a Windows Vista computer. In some cases, the computer may immediately restart when connecting iPhone or iPod to the computer.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2280

Updating the drivers on your Windows PC
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1768

What to do when Windows XP or Vista computer displays a blue screen error message when syncing the iPhone or iPod touch

Symptoms
An error message may appear on a blue screen when syncing a Microsoft Windows-compatible computer (XP or Vista) and an iPhone or iPod touch with saved photos (taken with the iPhone camera or saved from Safari or Mail). This issue can also occur due to a USB driver conflict with another device connected to the computer.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1502?viewlocale=en_US

Windows Blue screen when I connect iPhone to my PC.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.