Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have to "delete" email twice to delete it

Since moving to the 3G iPhone, I have to delete email two times from my Mac.com (er, me.com) account before the iPhone removes it.

Here's what I am doing...

In my Inbox I tap edit, select a few emails, and tap the delete/trash button at the bottom.

A few minutes later the emails reappear. Going through the deletion process a second time results in them being deleted.

Same behavior if I just swipe and touch "delete" to delete them.

I've been using an iPhone for a year and haven't seen this behavior before.

R

iPhone 3G, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Jul 30, 2008 1:45 PM

6 replies

Jul 30, 2008 1:52 PM in response to Richard Dean

There is light at the end of the tunnel - - all I can say is that I don't experience that issue so there must be something that you can do to fix it. I'm just not able to tell you in this case. Hopefully someone else can ...

If I delete something from my iPhone it's reflected back to my two Mac, likewise I delete just once from either of my Macs it gets reflected back to my iPhone.

Aug 11, 2008 1:48 PM in response to Richard Dean

This solution did not ultimately work. I still have mail reappear after I delete it.

I have a feeling that what is happening is that I delete the email and before my iPhone can tell the server to remove it, it gets pushed back down to me again. Aside from being annoying, this is just a bad experience.

As much as I hated my Blackberry, it never did anything like this, whether POP, IMAP, or Exchange....

Have to "delete" email twice to delete it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.