Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Iphone 3G support Flash?

Hi all,
I have tried to view a few clips online ex. movie trailers and it states that I need Flash to view this. Does Iphone 3G support the Flash Media Player?

I click on a provided link and it directs me to the Adobe flash page. It seems like it recognizes that I'm running some type of MAC OS X version. Then it asks me to choose on a drop-down list whether I have an Intel based mac or a Power Pc Mac...

Any ideas on which one I have and whether I should try and download the flash player after selecting one of them?

Thanks,

Iphone 3G

Posted on Jul 30, 2008 2:10 PM

8 replies

Jul 30, 2008 2:19 PM in response to KidShad

There has been a lot of back and forth on this issue between Adobe and Apple. Apple maintains that Flash is too processor and battery intensive for the iPhone, and that current Lite versions of Flash don't belong on the otherwise full featured Safari on iPhone. Adobe, of course, begs to differ. So for now, no Flash. Rumors are that Adobe is working on a solution so stay tuned.

Jul 30, 2008 2:20 PM in response to needsomeihelp

Your original post, the one before you edited it and didn't click the button to show that it had been edited, in your reply to me said that, "Yes, there is no flash for the camera", which had nothing to do with the original question. And your subsequent response to me, that there is no flash for the iPhone, and there might be cut/copy/paste in future updates, are also things I already was aware of, so why are you directing them to me?

Jul 31, 2008 9:11 AM in response to KidShad

if you are waiting for flash to become part of the iPhone...

this is an excerpt from an article dated july 10th...

this probably the only info you will really get until flash for iphone is released...which still could be never

*No Flash — yet*
+2.0 does not include Adobe Flash, a program widely used for Web video and animation. With Web browsing being one of the iPhone’s most used and praised features, Flash would be an enhancement. But the program’s current slower performance on mobile devices has been an issue for Apple.+

+Still, an Adobe spokesman said this week that the company is “committed to bringing Flash Player to the iPhone,” although no timeline was given.+

+“While the development work has begun, we can't share more details at this point,” said Stefan Offermann of Adobe.+

+“We do need to work with Apple beyond what is available through the SDK … to bring the full capabilities of Flash to the iPhone,” he said. “We think Flash availability on the iPhone benefits the millions of joint Apple and Adobe customers, and we want to work with Apple to bring these capabilities to the device.”+

Does Iphone 3G support Flash?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.