Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Non-obvious to a non-newbie: data transfer from Macbook air to iMac

Well well well: it seems clear to me that at some stage all Air users will want to transfer files from their Air to their desktop. I just shot 10 gig of photo files while travelling and have got them all in RAW format in Aperture on the Air and want to send them to my main Aperture library on my iMac. I assumed (fool that I am) that this would be a) obvious and b) easy and c) foolproof otherwise who would want an Air? Really?

It's been a nightmare. There are too many places to enable and disable various kinds of file sharing and the permissions required - it takes for ever to track whatever glitch is at work. And now I've cracked it, the two machines are talking over Airport (though they are right next to each other) and claim that it will take them 34 hours to sort this out.

Please, someone, tell me there's a faster way? Other than a USB flash memory device or an ethernet adaptor, neither of which I have with me. Otherwise I have two options:

a) Sell the Air on eBay pronto before everyone else realises what crud it is
b) Smash it to pieces with a hammer, which is what I feel like doing. Preferable on utube, after having withdrawn it sexily from a manila envelope.

t

Macbook Air, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Jul 31, 2008 2:23 PM

3 replies

Non-obvious to a non-newbie: data transfer from Macbook air to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.