Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't see Time Capsule from Airport Utility on XP box.

I recently bought a time capsule, which works great with my MacBook Pro. I have a Gateway desktop with a Linksys wireless card in it that won't recognize the time capsule neither through the airport utility nor the windows interface. I've followed all the steps given with the product installation and no luck. I feel that it's not a hardware issue since I am able to connect to the time capsule via my Ubuntu installation on the same box.

Whenever I enter the airport utility, I don't see any devices and the only option I get is to rescan. Any ideas?

15" Macbook Pro, 2.2gHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, Mac OS X (10.5.4), Also running Ubuntu 8.04 and Windows XP Media Center Edition on a Gateway GT5012 Desktop (2.8 gHz Pentium D, 1GB RAM, 250 HDD), Time Capsule, and AE

Posted on Jul 31, 2008 3:53 PM

4 replies

Jul 31, 2008 5:32 PM in response to bsalisbury1

Hello bsalisbury1. Welcome to the Apple Discussions!

When running your Gateway under WinXP, can it see any other wireless networks in the area? If not, then there may be something wrong with the WinXP driver for the Linksys card or the card is not configured properly. Is your Time Capsule (TC) wireless network encrypted: WEP, WPA, or WPA2? If it is, and you temporarily disable it, can the desktop see the TC network now?

I can't see Time Capsule from Airport Utility on XP box.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.