Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain forgetting passwords for mail accounts

This is more of a Mail question but mail is not listed under the discussion topics. I have to keep entering my passwords for my POP mail accounts every hour or so. Isn't keychain supposed to remember them and take care of that?

Thanks!

Mini, Mac OS X (10.5.4), Mail

Posted on Jul 31, 2008 4:55 PM

14 replies

Aug 1, 2008 3:25 PM in response to degas1900

Well, syncing the keychain with Mobile me did not help.

And I see that Entourage came up. I have been trying to get on Mobile Me chat support for a week to see if Mobile Me will sync outlook with entourage or if it only works with mail. Anyone know? Being new to Mac, is there any reason to use Mail over Entourage???

Thanks!

Aug 1, 2008 4:14 PM in response to mleeber

I've been having the same problem with all 4 of my Comcast accounts using MacMail. I have been in touch with Comcast, and they tell me it's a Mac problem (of course). I think this all DID begin when my .mac converted to MobileMe. I've done everything I know to do with my passwords in the keychain and it's still requiring me to enter a new password, etc. This is VERY annoying. Has apple addressed this issue at all.....anywhere?

Aug 1, 2008 4:34 PM in response to mleeber

Well what can tell you about Mail and Entourage,... Mail seems to be better integrated with OS X, and other Mac programs and since it is included with OS X - It Is Free!

To me Entourage has more the feel of MS Outlook so if you were a Win.. user you would most likely prefer it more. Entourage does have some sync services, ie: contact, iCal events, and notes with .mac, so I guess .me would also work, I don't use .mac/.me so someone else would have to fill you in there... this is my .02 worth.

Keychain forgetting passwords for mail accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.