Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo small business or Google Apps?

Hi guys, hope you can help me with this. I'm currently using yahoo small business as my e-mail provider. I have a customized e-mail address. I use this e-mail address in both my mac (Leopard Mail) and iPhone. I would like to have IMAP capabilities so I'm considering to move my e-mail account to Google Apps. I have 2 concerns about Google Apps:
1) I have more than 200 folders stored on my mac which sizes around 4GB. Since IMAP will sync my folders between my Mac and iPhone, I would like to know if I I will need the same 4GB in my iPhone to store them.
2) I read that Google Apps uses labels instead of folders. Is this something to be worried about?

Your help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Aug 1, 2008 3:21 PM

2 replies

Sep 22, 2008 8:40 PM in response to maplavi

Hi, I found your post while looking for an answer for my problem. First of all I apologize for responding to your question without an answer for it, but I read that you use your yahoo business mail with your leopard based Mac Mail and I have been trying for a while to configure it so I can get my yahoo business mail and I can't. I even went to the Apple store and a Genius failed to make my Mac Mail get my email, so I was hoping you could tell me how you did it.
Thanks!

Yahoo small business or Google Apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.