Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

setting up Apple TV without a wireless router

1054 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2008 9:56 AM by macambassador RSS
macambassador Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 2, 2008 8:26 AM
I've read a few vague threads (now a couple years old) saying that it was possible to set up an Apple TV without using a wireless router as long as you have an Airport card and the correct settings in a wireless network that you create. I am working with a PowerMac G5 dual 2.7Ghz, 8GB RAM, and I do have an airport card installed. I am running leopard and have downloaded all recent software updates.

The Apple TV is plugged in but does not see a wireless network and ITunes cannot see the Apple TV. Is it possible to do this without a wireless router? if so, how?

thanks
Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.10)
  • Winston Churchill Level 10 Level 10 (81,670 points)
    Have you actually set up a network from your G5. If your wifi card is active you should have a wifi icon in your menu bar on the RHS, you need to create a network from there.
    MP 2 x QC Xeon 3 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.