Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copying iWeb content to another computer

I have an iWeb site that is presently on my iBook, and published on the web. I have a new MacBook Pro and would like to copy all the content from the iBook to iWeb on the new computer so I can work on it and modify it.

If I publish iWeb on the iBook to a folder, what appears in the folder is the published site, and not something I can modify.

I can't find an iWeb folder in my Library/Application Support folder. Could it be hiding somewhere else?

Thanks in advance.

ibook G4 and MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.7), I have ilife '08 installed

Posted on Aug 2, 2008 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2008 9:34 AM

Try Find (Cmd-F)

!http://www.wyodor.net/_Discussions/FindDomain.png!
15 replies

Aug 10, 2008 12:06 PM in response to Ethmoid

Hello, Ethmoid -

Thanks for responding.

Yes, it's all there. However, it doesn't open in iWeb when I double click on the site.

It just shows up as a long list of folders and HTML documents that I copied from iWeb on my iBook.

The path for where the site is located on my MBP is:

HD, Users, Home, Library, Application Support, iWeb, Site.

Could there be a glitch there?

When I use Finder to locate Domain.site, and click on it, a blank iWeb site comes up.

Thanks in advance for your continued help.

Aug 10, 2008 2:31 PM in response to Dr. Sharmer

Well, it won't open within iWeb, because what you copied was a version of your website that has already been published. The fact that you see folders and html files, means that you have published to a folder?

What file exactly did you copy from your iBook? If it was not the domain.sites file that resides in User/Library/Application Support/iWeb and then domain.sites there is absolutely nothing that you can do with this. iWeb is not an html editor and cannot open an already published site.

I would suggest that you go back to your iBook and go to User/Library/Application Support/iWeb and the domain.sites file with your website in it. Copy this file and only this and place it in exactly the same place on your new machine and then double click to open it and you can continue working on your site.

If you cannot do this, then you are looking at re-building.

Aug 10, 2008 4:39 PM in response to Ethmoid

Okay, I think I have it now. I copied the domain to a CD and then copied it from the CD to my library on the MBP. Then I opened iWeb on the MBP. It asked for a domain and had a place to browse. I browsed for the newly copied domain in my library, selected it, and clicked on "create." Then iWeb opened with all my content.

I made a little change in iWeb, then saved it and published it. It published just fine.

In the last attempt, I think I copied the "site" rather than the domain.

Thanks for all your help.

Copying iWeb content to another computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.