Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone USB OTG

Hi,

I am trying to figure out the connectivity options for the iPhone and was wondering if the iPhone supported USB OTG and could act as the host in a USB connection?

Thanks

Windows XP

Posted on Aug 4, 2008 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2008 11:17 AM

The iPhone currently does not support USB on-the-go. I don't know if this is a hardware limitation or driver.

glor
2 replies

Oct 16, 2008 8:19 AM in response to Glorfindeal

This is complete speculation since Samsung doesn't publish the specs of the Apple branded processor, but it seems like it would at least keep some hardware compatibility to the first iPhone, which the processor for that could do USB-OTG.
I believe it is most likely that the reason it doesn't have this functionality is because of a software limitation (either by design or because of time constraints.)

My guess is that this is either a low priority, or there is some FUD (from the entertainment industry or cell carrier) that is keeping them from adding the functionality, but it may bubble up as requests for an API or the functionality increase.

iPhone USB OTG

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.