Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Need help with memory installation

1141 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2008 6:49 PM by Juan Too Big Perez RSS
gadee Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 4, 2008 6:28 PM
My MacBook, which I purchased 2 years ago, currently has 1 gb of memory. I understand the max I can take it up to is 2 gb. I ordered 2-1gb Ram modules to replace my current 512mb memory modules. My user guide says to remove the battery and then... "Loosen the three captive screws that secure the L-bracket, pull out the long end first to remove the bracket, and place it to the side."
When I remove the battery, there is NO L-BRACKET. I can't find any other instructions on the support page that shows how to upgrade memory in a MacBook without the L-bracket.
Any suggestions on how to install the new memory myself or should I just make an appointment and take it in to the nearest Apple store and have them do it?
MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11), Intel Core Duo processor

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.