Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi greyed out after 2.0.1 Update

I've seen other posts about WiFi not working after the 2 update.

My WiFi was working, but is now greyed out and says No WiFi after the 2.0.1 update.
It was picking up WiFi networks before the update.

Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, Mac OS X (10.5.1), 5gb 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

Posted on Aug 4, 2008 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2008 8:34 PM

Turn off the iPhone completely. Hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see "Slide to Power Off"

Then turn the iPhone back on and see if the WIFI radio comes on.
9 replies

Sep 5, 2008 11:34 PM in response to JoshuaJudd

Just power off your iphone for a few minutes. Then turn it back on. I had the same grayed out problem and nearly had a stroke after going through all the work of figuring out that I had to switch to WAP 2, and then insert the 192.168.1.1 in front of the other DNS numbers to get it to work.

For the person unable to switch to WAP 2, you might try the same thing with your WEP. I had it working with WEP as well, but liked the tighter encryption with WAP 2.

I have the 3G 16GB. Don't panic, it isn't a hardware or software problem. Just need to turn it off, wait a minute, then turn it back on.

Indy

WiFi greyed out after 2.0.1 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.