2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2008 3:46 AM by Stymied again
Stymied again Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
I've recently found that when I connect my iPod Touch (2.01) it launches Adobe Lightroom 2 rather than iTunes. Within iTunes the "Open iTunes when this iPod is connected" option is greyed out.

Any idea what's going on here? It's crazy!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.4)
  • Bottlerboi Level 4 Level 4 (1,065 points)
    Your iPod is recognised as a camera because you can now take screen shots, which will mount on a folder to be downloaded to your editing tool of choice. That the option in iTunes should be greyed out is weird, though.
    Hope this helps.
  • Stymied again Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Of course you're right. Thanks.

If I go to Image Capture it recognises the iPod as a camera and offers to download screen grabs. Lightroom 2 also seems to recognise that it's 'camera-like' but won't find the images on it. (I didn't mention that I've set Lightroom via Image Capture prefs as the default app to launch when a camera is detected.)

If I delete all screen grabs on the iPod then Lightroom doesn't launch on connection - but neither does iTunes and the option for auto-launch of iTunes remains greyed.

There have been several upgrades recently: iTunes to 7.7.1, Lightroom to v.2, iPod firmware to 2.0 and 2.0.1. I'm not sure which of these is responsible though I would assume it's iPod 2.0 since that's the upgrade that gave the iPod it's camera-like attributes. If so Apple needs to address this ... please.