Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone slow to send/receive Rogers emails?!

There is often a long delay in pushing emails to my iPhone from my Rogers email account.

When I know there is an email on my server, I hit the reload icon and get the message "Checking for mail..." and nothing is downloaded. Some messages don't show up for hours after I needed them. Even some outgoing messages disappear after hitting the "send" button and never make it to the person.

The only temporary solution that I have found is to power down my phone and restart it. Once it is restarted the messages are sent to the phone. Should the phone not download the emails from the server every time I hit the refresh icon??

After I restart the phone it seems to work well for a short period of time when sending and receiving but then seems to have this issue when the phone is on for longer periods.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.3)

Posted on Aug 6, 2008 8:06 AM

4 replies

Aug 6, 2008 8:23 AM in response to Pawman

Dunno... maybe Rogers email don't have push-mail?
I was told by a friend of mine yahoo mail has push mail, which will actively push it's email out. I've gotten emails pretty much live, when I push the refresh button or whenever my phone refreshes for email, I haven't had any problems with not getting emails yet, and I do refresh my mail when I know I have mail and it's there.

Maybe switch to an email service with push mail service if you require mail on your iPhone? Not sure if that is an ideal solution for you or not.

iPhone slow to send/receive Rogers emails?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.