Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWeb won't import MobileMe galleries

hi there,
apple claims that iweb can import albums that are published on the mobileme-gallery. however, I created an album via aperture and published it (worked fine), then created a website in iWeb and tried the "insert -> mobileme gallery ->" (hope that's right, using the german version)menu, but everything's blanked out: "no albums or films available"

hm?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11), bla

Posted on Aug 6, 2008 10:30 AM

14 replies

Aug 6, 2008 10:38 AM in response to villekulla

You can add a album from iPhoto with the Media browser. Or from Aperture, although I believe that does't work properly yet.

You CANNOT import a published web gallery into iWeb.

You can however display a tiny preview of a web gallery. When you click it, you go to the real thing.

Choose a webgallery from the webwidget menu at the bottom of the iWeb window. The menu you mention does not work straight away. You have to wait for a few seconds.

Aug 6, 2008 12:09 PM in response to Old Toad

yep, just tried that. well there are some drawbacks - no entry in the iweb site's menue and no return button from the gallery.

sorry, I may sound squeamish. but I just like the way the galleries created in aperture look, as a quick and easy way to publish fotos after a weekend trip or something like that. and I would so much like to integrate them seamlessly into my iweb-site. can't really see why apple runs two parallel universes...

but thanx for all the hints!

Aug 6, 2008 12:20 PM in response to villekulla

There's a problem with Aperture galleries and iWeb. Also password protected iPhoto galleries will not display in the Widget menu. You need to publish them unprotected and then add the password.

If you want to have the gallery embedded in your web page use an HTML Snippet and iFrame code like I've done in this demo page. You can set embedded portion to go directly to the mosaic mode as I've done with it or to the normal grid mode. All it requires is using the right URL for the mode you want. The code used is also shown.

iWeb won't import MobileMe galleries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.