Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Windows client for ARD?

2995 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2008 11:20 PM by LaFramboise RSS
Rick Anderson Level 2 Level 2 (165 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 7, 2008 4:03 PM
I'm looking in to how to establish a remote desktop connection from Windows to Macs with the stipulation that we not use VNC so I'm wondering if a Windows client for ARD exists.

If not, does anyone have a suggestion for doing RDC from Windows to Mac. I can already do it going from Mac to Windows using MS's client or the open source CoRD, but I'm really hitting dead-ends trying to figure out how to go the other way.
Mac OS X (10.5.1)
  • Templeton Peck Level 9 Level 9 (57,690 points)
    Aug 8, 2008 9:08 AM (in response to Rick Anderson)
    *"so I'm wondering if a Windows client for ARD exists. "*

Nope.

*"does anyone have a suggestion for doing RDC from Windows to Mac. "*

VNC would be your only option as that's what ARD uses for it's screen sharing.
    iMac 2.66Ghz, 2.4Ghz MacBook Pro, iPhone 3G, Mac OS X (10.5.4)
  • LaFramboise Level 1 Level 1 (65 points)
    Aug 14, 2008 11:20 PM (in response to Rick Anderson)
    To continue what Templeton Peck said, most any VNC client will work. I personally prefer UltraVNC, and I use that to control 5 different Windows machines from my Mac. While you don't get all the advanced options like sharing clipboards, waking/shutting down, collecting reports etc... You still get full access to the remote Windows machine as you do when you connect to a Mac in ARD.
    PowerMac G4 (PCI Graphics), MacBook Pro 17" (2,1), Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.